Whether it's developing or supporting computer systems, tracking financial standings or coordinating product shipments, the Information Systems professionals at Michelin are driven to providing world-class service to our customers. Our goal is to leverage the use of information systems to maintain a competitive advantage in the market place.
We do this by:
- Providing IS expertise and consulting to our business units
- Fostering a customer-service orientation with both our internal and external customers
- Providing access to information and services critical to the operation of an international corporation
- Developing and enhancing IS solutions and services
- Providing on-going support of existing systems and services
If you have at least a bachelor's degree in computer science, MIS, or a related field, discover how you can contribute to the Michelin IS organization.
- Provides technical coordination of customer-driven IS projects including design, development, facilitation and implementation
- Manages the development and implementation of solutions to meet customer requirements of scope, budget and timeline
- Converts functional specifications into actionable tasks and coordinates with the project owner to identify and allocate the required resources
- Leads efforts in coordinating team members, developing and monitoring project plans, and conducting project review meetings
- Defines functional specifications and programming needs based on project requirements
- Assists in defining opportunities, developing alternatives, and selecting and implementing solutions
- Works with the business unit teams to determine appropriate computing platforms and applications
- Designs, develops and tests "best-fit" software solutions
- Integrates the IS solution as part of a software project or portfolio of projects
- Industrializes application releases and installs them into the production environment.
- Oversees security aspects of the IS structure within Michelin North America and assists IS groups in establishing security policies and procedures
- Advises IS support groups on security related concerns
- Designs and structures security for firewalls, servers and the network, and maintains logs for intrusion and security purposes
- Creates standards and "best practices" for security
- Reviews security alerts from outside agencies and notifies appropriate IS Support groups of the security impact for North American operations
Applications Development and Support
The applications teams develop and support technical solutions for business needs by providing the right application at the right time and within budget. They work in diverse areas of the organization including manufacturing, commercial, corporate and research & development. Our e-business team is dedicated to leveraging emerging B&B and B2C technologies to better serve dealers and consumers.